THE VISION - Risk-taking mission and service
We attempt to make all of our decisions using the lens of The Five Practices of Fruitful Congregations by Bishop Robert Schnase. They are listed along the left side of this page and of every other page under this heading. They are simple, but powerful and we know they will help us be the church we want to be for this community.
Our belief and pursuit of Risk-Taking Mission and Service leads us to do several things. We will:
- consistently invite leaders of our local missions to speak in our worship services, classes, and dinners.
- encourage our people to volunteer and serve on the boards of our local agencies
- create mission opportunities with varying durations, distances, and skill sets
- create opportunities for every age group to understand and serve one another
- collaborate with other churches to maximize our potential and reach